★"[Adam] Rex delivers a storytime home run—hilarious, heartfelt, instructive, and interactive." —Booklist, starred review
A sweet and appealing tale for anyone familiar with the universal tendency of young children to always ask WHY? When supervillain Doctor X-Ray swoops in threatening to vanquish an innocent crowd, the only one brave enough not to run away is a little girl, who asks him simply, "Why?" He is taken aback—but he answers. She keeps asking. And he keeps answering—until a surprising truth is uncovered, and the villain is thwarted.
• A laugh-out-loud take on the small-and-determined-beats-big-loud-bully story, simple questions lead to profound answers in a quest that proves the ultimate power of curiosity
• Monochromatic illustrations with pops of color fill the pages and bring a uniquely captivating element to the storyline
• Adam Rex is an illustrator and author of books such as Nothing Rhymes with Orange and Chu's Day. He lives in Tucson, Arizona
• Claire Keane is the illustrator of Love Is and is known for her development art for the movies Tangled and Frozen. She lives in Venice Beach, California
Fans of Nothing Rhymes with Orange, Love Is, and Grown-Ups Never Do That will also enjoy the relatable and heartwarming tale found in Why?
• Great family and classroom read-aloud book
• Books for kindergarten students
Size: 9 x 9 S
Age Range: 5-8 years
Publication Date: 10/01/2019